This chart is the result of questions that I had about Enoch and Zion:
- How old was Enoch when the City of Zion was taken to heaven?
- Who were his contemporaries?
- Is it possible that other living patriarchs were caught up to Zion with Enoch?
- I read a claim somewhere years ago that the name Methuselah could mean “He dieth; He sendeth”, indicating that the floods came in the year that Methuselah died. Does the math work for that to be true?
The fact that all of the math works out is just one more testament to me that the scriptures are alive with truth.
- Moses 7:68 – The days of Zion were 365 (proves ZION established at birth of Methuselah, blessing by Adam)
- Moses 8:1 – The days of Enoch were 430
- Moses 7:16, 17 – The LORD dwells in Zion
- Moses 7:21 – Zion taken up into heaven
- Genesis 7:11 – Noah 600 years old at time of Flood
- DC 107:41-57 – The ordinations
- DC 107:53 – Adam-ondi-Ahman participants (Lamech not mentioned, but probably attended. May not have been a High Priest)
- DC 107:54 – LORD appears at Adam-ondi-Ahman, and blesses Adam
There is no clear indication about the status of 5 patriarchs (Seth to Jared): Did they die natural deaths, or were they translated with Enoch?
Adam died as the LORD had promised.
The year that Methuselah died, the floods were sent.
* * *